Staycations are amazing ways to take a mini-vacation while at home. The challenge is to make it as inexpensive as possible; to help you take a break from the normal everyday things; and get out and explore your town/city and surrounding area. As with any challenge there are some rules and guidelines.
The rules and guidelines for the Staycation Challenge are very simple:
1. Your home becomes your hotel.
2. Unplug – no internet, no TV, no electronics except a GPS to help you find your way and camera to capture your adventure.
3. Spend no more than $10 per person per day on the activity or sightseeing adventure.
4. Explore something within a 2 hour drive you have never experienced before.
5. If you have a dog, can you find something to do where you can take the dog with you?
6. After your Staycation write about your experience and post it on our facebook group “Staycation Challenge” along with photos. It could be selected to be a featured article on our website!
7. MOST IMPORTANT – RECONNECT WITH FAMILY AND FRIENDS, RELAX AND HAVE FUN!!!